Continue to log in to your PearsonVue account to see if you’re able to schedule. Keep checking back. As test centers reopen more dates/times will be available.
The modified exams will remain in effect through Sept. 30, 2020.
To ensure social distancing measures are in effect, as well as increase the number of candidates that can test daily, the NCLEX-RN and NCLEX-PN will be administered as follows:
- Computerized Adaptive Testing (CAT) will still be used
- The minimum number of test items will be 60
- The maximum number of test items will be 130
- The maximum testing time will be 4 hours
- The difficulty level and passing standard has not changed
- The Next Generation NCLEX Special Research Section will NOT be included
- No practice questions or pilot questions will be given. All questions count.
Test centers will provide paper towels and hand sanitizer and will follow social-distancing guidelines. Please wear a mask (even homemade) and gloves to the test center. You can remove the mask while testing.
REMINDER: happyNCLEX trains you to test exactly like this: pass with fewer than 130 questions within 4 hours.
FAQs for NCLEX Candidates FROM NCSBN:
- Is my NCLEX test appointment canceled?
If your exam appointment to test was between March 17 – April 16, Pearson VUE is unscheduling your appointment and will extend your Authorization to Test (ATT) for six months. You will be notified via email of all changes.
- When can I test?
Test delivery at Pearson VUE test centers is suspended until after April 16, 2020. Visit PearsonVUE.com for reschedule opportunities starting after April 16, 2020, but please be aware that Pearson VUE may have to extend this date further depending on future developments.
- What will happen if my registration expires?
NCSBN and Pearson VUE are unscheduling all appointments between March 17 – April 16 and are extending your ATT for six months, so that every candidate has ample time to reschedule their appointment. We will make every effort to ensure that candidates’ registrations will remain valid, so that if your registration expires, Pearson VUE will create a new registration for you automatically. You will be notified via email if this should occur.
- If my exam appointment was unscheduled, do I need to contact Pearson VUE, NCSBN or my nursing regulatory body (NRB)?
You do not need to contact Pearson VUE, NCSBN or your NRB. Their websites and phone lines are experiencing long wait times. Pearson VUE is unscheduling your appointment and will extend your ATT for six months. You will be notified via email regarding this.
- Can my ATT be extended?
Yes. Pearson VUE will automatically extend your eligibility period for six months.
For any other NCLEX questions/concerns, you may contact NCSBN at [email protected].